Skip to main content

Baby Bells: The Fit Kettlebell Pregnancy Workout - available in DVD and Downloadable format or in Lauren's Playground



BABY BELLS - The Fit Pregnancy DVD. DOWNLOAD IS  Ready!! This  downloaded to ANY mobile device, computer, laptop, apple tv, ipad, iphone, ipod touch, and ipod. 

NOW AVAILABLE IN Lauren's Playground (Online Gym with access to hundreds of hours of videos, workout programs, recipes and an incredible community).  Join today here. Monthly and Yearly options.
CHECK OUT OUR NEW LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP SALE WE ARE HAVING. 
FREE COACHING CALL OPPORTUNITY FOR A LIMITED TIME.






BUY THE DVD HERE
GET THE DOWNLOADABLE VERSION OR STREAMING HERE




"I've been doing kettlebell workouts regularly for more than two years (my 68-year-old dad got me into kettlebells--he uses them every day & swears they're responsible for his excellent health), and I have been using your Baby Bells DVD about three times a week ever since I got pregnant. (Thank you so much for making this DVD--you're the only source I've been able to find for substantive information on using kettlebells during pregnancy.


Since a lot of pregnancy exercise videos are non-strenuous to the point of silliness, I didn't expect Baby Bells to be that challenging, and was pleasantly surprised at what a satisfying workout it gave me. I continue to do it about three to four days a week, along with prenatal yoga and daily long dog walks. 28 weeks into my pregnancy, my husband is still saying I've never looked more fit, particularly in my legs--and I have an abundance of strength and energy. I've only gained about 16 pounds so far, and haven't changed dress sizes at all apart from the belly. I know that without kettlebells and your DVD, I would not feel nearly this good or be this healthy during pregnancy.
Thank you again for the unique and wonderful work you're doing --
your DVD has really made a huge difference for my pregnancy and I am so grateful to have found it! I hope it will make a difference for many other women too!"

-Camryn
and now for the PERFECT compliment to this DVD.

REVIEWS




Great Safe Challenge
 Review by Jessy Ko "Mommy Shopper"
Value
Quality
Price
This is my second pregnancy and I have used Kettlebells before. This is a wonderful and challenging workout for any pregnant person who is familiar with either Kettlebells, crossfit, or body building prior to pregnancy. Proper form during the exercises may be difficult to achieve or understand for those who are new to working out or strength training. Those who are not confidant because they are new to pregnancy or working out may have concerns about trying different exercises, but don't worry it is all safe plus there is a modified version of each exercise shown in the video. Also, I would suggest coupling the video with additional stretching or a prenatal Yoga video. This is a challenging and effective yet safe workout. I am loving it, I will be using it as a postnatal shape up as well. If you like this video or are looking for a video like this but think kettlebells are no right for you might also want check out The Perfect Pregnancy Workout vol. 1.

I would recommend that once in your second trimester or further in your pregnancy you reduce the number of exercises you do with the kettlebell as you follow the video or consider doing just one of the workout segments per workout plus warm up and cool down. As well as, decreasing the amount of weight you use as you progress in your pregnancy. Plus remember to take water breaks and let your heart rate come down in between every circuit in the video.

Do not start this video if you have not been working out, are new to working out, and in your second trimester or further. I would think the combination of the three together would make this video way to difficult for you. (Posted on 6/9/2015)
So worth it Review by Jessica A. Tull
Value
Quality
Price
As a disclaimer, I'm not pregnant, but I'll sure save this DVD for down the road. I wanted to get into kettlebells, but I was concerned about my joints. I've had bursitis in my hips and knees, so I looked for a DVD that was low-impact. What I really like about this workout is that there are alternate forms for many of the exercises, which provides me with a way to complete the exercise without straining anything. There are some exercises here I just can't do, even with the alternate forms: the lunges and squats just aren't going to happen, so I'll walk in place until she moves on to the next exercise. I was very pleased with the variety of the exercises, and I thought the instructor was excellent. Even as a complete kettlebell beginner, I felt confident with her instruction. I just wish I could find more of her DVDs on Amazon!(Posted on 6/9/2015)
Works your butt out Review by Tmarie2010
Value
Quality
Price
This is an awesome workout. I love the fact that she is working with heavier weights during her 6th month of pregnancy. My husband has been driving me nuts with all of his worry about me lifing anything or continuing my workouts, I'm about to hit six months in a week, so it was nice to be able to point out that if the instructor can do it so can I. I'm a firm believer in not sitting around and getting fat and out of shape and want to maintain an active lifestyle during my pregnancy. This DVD will help me to that. (Posted on 6/9/2015)
great prenatal exercise dvd Review by D. bell "green parent"
Value
Quality
Price
kettlebell workouts are wonderful prenatal workouts if you have prior kettlebell experience. when it's tough to motivate yourself to workout, being able to pop in this dvd is great! my midwives say i have abs of steel, and i know that utilizing this dvd has helped me reatain a decent level of conditioning. (Posted on 6/9/2015)
Good challenging prenatal workout Review by MelissaLynn
Value
Quality
Price
This was the my main workout during my recent pregnancy. Most everything else I tried held no challenge. Other reviewers have summed it up well. If I had to say I anything negative about this, it would be that it seems rather low budget for the price. Didn't LOVE the music. And Lauren, while in FANTASTIC shape, doesn't seem thrilled to be there. I can't remember if she smiles even once! None of these were a deal breaker for me. Lauren's credentials are excellent. This workout is also an excellent intro to kettlebells. (Posted on 6/9/2015)
AWESOME KB Workout Review by Lori
Value
Quality
Price
I bought a Kettlebell last Summer and it came with a DVD that had three 15 minute workouts on it...I liked it ok but wanted something a bit more. Plus I was going to be trying for baby number two soon, so I wanted something to workout to while pregnant. I LOVE this workout DVD. I bought two other different workout pregnancy DVD's also and all I can say is this one Baby Bells is the only one I will be working out to. (Posted on 6/9/2015)
Great, not too wimpy pregnancy workout Review by Mrs. G
Value
Quality
Price
I was in the middle of training for a Sprint Triathlon and a Marathon in 2011 when I became pregnant with my first child. My husband has been training with KBs for sometime and already bought me some "ladies" weight kbs. I purchased one or two Pregnancy workout vidoes before this one (non-KB) and they are boring to tears! Because I am 40, my doc has told me not to run (though I think he is being overly cautious) so I am very frustrated not being able to get a good solid workout in that will keep me strong without putting my little one into danger.

THIS VIDEO is what I have been looking for. It's sufficiently challenging, well paced, and a good use of time. The instructor is extremely pregnant herself and demonstrates everything, and includes a modification caption. The video gets your heart pumping, but keeps moving, allowing you to pause the video for how long you need to catch your breath. I really like that, so the pace of the video is solid. I definitely feel this the next day.

If you're brand new, get it, and work your way into it, and if you've been exercising before, I think you'll be happy with this video, it'll keep you working. (Posted on 6/9/2015)
Excellent workout for fit pregnant ladies Review by S Hunter
Value
Quality
Price
I am six months pregnant, and wanted a dvd basically to keep strong during my pregnancy, and bought this one and Perfect Pregnancy Workout by Karyne Steben, which both fit the bill perfectly and were exactly what I was after. I'm a pretty fit and active person, some would say very fit and active;), and in my other pregnancies I was afraid to do too much so basically just walked through my pregnancies. I was in my early twenties when I had my first two children, so it wasn't so much of a problem bouncing back. But with my third pregnancy a couple of years ago I found it harder losing the weight and getting fit and strong again after my pregnancy, and now at 40 expecting my fourth baby, I wanted to keep up some sort of strengthening programme during my pregnancy aside from walking and swimming, but which felt safe as well. I am relatively new to kettlebells. I had just started trying them out a couple of months before my pregnancy, so wasn't sure if it was something I should continue through my pregnancy, so am rapt to have this dvd, and know that I am doing a safe workout with the kettlebells. Lauren is a great instructor, and easy to follow, and I like that there is no unnecessary chatter, and just good direct instructions along the way. I also bought her dvd The Ultimate Body Sculpt and Conditioning with Kettlebells Vol 1, and look forward to trying that out when I start into a programme after baby is born. Thoroughly recommend this for other pregnant ladies, if you are relatively fit and strong to begin with (not for beginners). I am passing this dvd onto my mum when I'm finished, as she is new to kettlebells, and I know she will enjoy it as a nice easy introduction to kettlebell training. (Posted on 6/9/2015)
Great way to do kettlebells while pregnant! Review by ballstar "sportstar"
Value
Quality
Price
I've used Lauren Brooks' Baby Bells workout for the past month and love it! I had started using kettlebells last summer and was worried that I would have to abandon them for some ho-hum workout once I got pregnant. Luckily, I stumbled on this DVD on Amazon while looking for a workout and I'm very happy. It's challenging without being overkill, and Lauren was 6 1/2 months pregnant while shooting the DVD, so it was nice to see that it could be done.

The DVD is broken down into warmup, workout, and cool-down. The workout section has three "rounds" of exercises (3-5 exercises per round that are repeated twice). Not all of the exercises involve a kettlebell/weight (e.g., side planks, pushups), and she gives the option of using dumbbells for people who may not have used kettlebells. Lauren also shows modifications for each of the exercises so that women who've never used kettlebells or prefer to not use weights at all can do them.

Highly recommend it! (Posted on 6/9/2015)
Great video Review by Satisfied Shopper "Lucy A"
Value
Quality
Price
This video is perfect, im 5months pregnant, I liked that I was able to keep up with it but its still a workout. It gives u the right amount of exercise at the right pace. (Posted on 6/9/2015)

It's good for pregnant people
 Review by Lilia Esposito
Value
Quality
Price
This is more of a using the kettlebell as weights instead of a kettlebell work out. If that makes sense.I use the Art of Strength dvd when I want a good kettlebell workout. However, I think when you're pregnant it might be better to use an easier dvd. I can understand that throwing around a heavy cast iron bell while pregnant isn't so safe. She has you do a lot of stationary bell lifting. For example doing a squat while holding the bell. You can use a regular weight just as well with this dvd. It's a good way to stay in shape, but don't expect to use a kettlebell to it's full capacity in this dvd. She only does a couple of trademark kettlebell moves. I think this is safe when you're pregnant. (Posted on 6/9/2015)
Not just for pregnant women - hubby does it too!! Review by KG
Value
Quality
Price
Before purchasing this DVD I was a huge kettlebell fanatic, doing more high intensity sets. When I found out I was pregnant I was so disappointed from a fitness perspective as I didn't know how I should/could modify my workouts and my doctor suggested keeping my heart rate around roughly 165-170. I had stopped running maybe a month or so before getting pregnant so I knew I couldn't just jump back into that. Finding this DVD made me absolutely ecstatic. Lauren makes sure to show proper form at angles in which you're able to ensure that you're doing the workout correctly, which is super important with kettlebells in general, even more so with pregnancy. The workout is sure to get your heart rate up, but not too high. It will also give you the opportunity to begin strength training, or improve what you've got due to the pace of the workout. My husband even joins me in this work out when he's working to increase weights!

I will agree that the production is not as high quality as other DVDs compared to the price, but I enjoy this too much for that to be a factor. I also wouldn't necessarily recommend this to someone who has never worked with a kettlebell before as she does not verbally review basic form (aside from what you see) which may not benefit some new to this type of workout. (Posted on 6/9/2015)
Another great DVD from Lauren Brooks Review by Renee
Value
Quality
Price
I am not pregnant but felt this DVD still provided a great workout, got my heart rate up. I have Lauren's first DVD Ultimate Sculpt and Condition Volume 1 and was ready to try something new but I was not ready for Volume 2 so I decided to give this DVD a try and I am so glad I did. I plan on alternating between baby bells and volume 1. I love the way I feel when I workout with kettlebells and Lauren is a great instructor. (Posted on 6/9/2015)
best pregnancy workout I've found Review by Brittany
Value
Quality
Price
I'm a runner who incorporates kettlebells for the great strength and cardio they provide. At 4 1/2 months pregnant I can't run as much as I used to though and was afraid to use some of my other kettlebell videos as they do moves not safe during your 2nd and 3rd trimester. This one however is amazing!! I even got my husband to do it with me once and he was sore the next day. It's long enough to give you a full body workout too if you don't want to do anything else with it. (Posted on 6/9/2015)
Great video! Review by Nettiepye
Value
Quality
Price
This video is great for pregnancy and is great because the hubby can work out with you too with heavier weights. I definitely recommend it! (Posted on 6/9/2015)
Challenging Review by Amazon Customer
Value
Quality
Price
A great video for pregnant women in all trimesters, but also just a challenging workout by itself. There are plenty of modifications I can make to keep doing the video beyond my pregnancy, and to keep it challenging. (Posted on 6/9/2015)
Awesome workout! Review by Ben
Value
Quality
Price
This is a tough but doable workout. I'm not currently pregnant, but wanted to get into better shape before pregnancy and be able to continue once pregnant. I'm a newbie to kettle bells, but absolutely love it! They take up very little space and are a great workout while kiddos are sleeping and you can't spend hours at the gym. My husband (in good shape) has done the workout with much heavier bells than me and agrees that this is a tough workout. Not for someone who is pregnant and never worked out before. Definitely recommend! (Posted on 6/9/2015)
Great for an out of shape preggo or out of shaper in general! Review by Anya
Value
Quality
Price
If you are like me and work in an office 10+ hours a day SITTING all day and haven't workout out in years, this video is for you whether you are pregnant or not. I tried Lauren's Ultimate Body Sculpt and Conditioning with Kettlebells DVD and it was wayyyyy to hard for me (non pregnant). I could barely do it with either no kettlebell or a baby 10lb bell. Then my recovery was so long after I gave up. If I would have tried this one I could have kept up with it. And it's fun to watch Lauren's belly!

Now that I am pregnant I tried this and I could actually do it with a 10lb bell (or no bell) and am in the 1 week recovery range. I want to keep doing it once a week until I recover faster and can work up to more. I like that is is safe for all trimesters so you can use it the entire pregnancy. Lauren is good in letting you rest to get your heart rate down, and at 38 minutes you can still do it with your preggo exhaustion. She says you can do it with a dumbbell as well. And it actually has enough of a warm up and cool down that you don't have to do more before/after like most videos that only have like a 30 sec cool down.

Only negative: this video offers NO instruction. You need to know how to do the kettlebell swing, overhead swing, clean & press. I learned how to do these from Lauren's instruction in her other DVD. Or look on Youtube. Otherwise everything is very simple.

BONUS: if you buy from Lauren's website she has a pregnancy e-book with TONNNNNS of preggo kettlebell workouts if you are more experienced! (Posted on 6/9/2015)
Five Stars Review by Shauna Thompson
Value
Quality
Price
love!!! works for pregnant and nonpregnant! (Posted on 6/9/2015)
Overall well executed Review by Katy
Value
Quality
Price
Good exercises and great modifications. I would have appreciated more instruction on correct form, as I'm a fitness professional and picky about that, but for more advanced exercisers it should be no problem. I enjoyed that she is so pregnant doing the exercises, but I wish she had a full shirt on. My husband walked by when I was doing the video and said "why doesn't she have a shirt on?" Overall I'm really glad I got this DVD.

It did come scratched though (bought used in "excellent condition"), so I just have to rewind to do two sets of the second set of exercises, or just remember what we did and repeat them. Not too big of a deal though. (Posted on 6/9/2015)


Comments

Lauren said…
I recently found out I'm pregnant with my third baby and would love to do kettlebells throughout this pregnancy (I have your first kbells dvd but not baby bells). So thanks for this post! My question is, when I order the Baby Bells DVD, can I get Sara's book in a hard copy and NOT an iVersion?
Lauren Brooks said…
Lauren, Congratulations!!! Sara's book is only available in ebook fashion at the moment. However you could print out parts of that work for you if you choose. It goes in complete order for your pregnancy. I believe it will be available as a hard copy at some point. Just not sure yet! Congrats again!
monifah said…
Hej Lauren, can i also just buy the ebook as i already have the dvd..
Lauren Brooks said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelli said…
I would like to be kept posted on the private membership group. Is this a downloadable or online group?
Lauren Brooks said…
Kelli, this will be an online group. Will keep you posted!

Most Popular Posts

What Doctor's don't tell you after a C-section

I have now been through 2 C-sections since writing this blog post and thankfully I've recovered beautifully from both with the appropriate progressions. For those who are new and are just finding me. WELCOME! First let me say I did NOT want a C-section. I did everything in my power to avoid the first and even the second. I'm a kettlebell fitness strength and conditioning coach who relies on her body to share, teach, educate, and I was under the impression that having to give birth via C-section would and could destroy my body and career. Boy was I wrong! If you're feeing the same way, start by reading this article I wrote many years ago that still applies today! Many people have asked and here is part of my experience.  I don't claim to be a medical expert but not only have I successfully healed my C-section, my abdominals are no longer numb, and I've successfully helped others who've had multiple C-sections (even some 20 years ago) find their core aga

21 Day Squat Challenge - #21DaysOfSquats

Welcome to the 5th Annual Squat Challenge!  Updated for JANUARY 1, 2020 **We are SWITCHING things up this year** Why Squat?  Squats are one of the most beneficial exercises to practice. I could sit here and tell you how squatting makes you stronger, more conditioned, firms your legs and butt, improves digestion, increases energy and mood, but I'm sure you know the endless amount of benefits. A few people who've participated in the past squat challenges chose to share their experiences which I've shared below.  So let's just get to squatting! Beginners are welcomed! Join our Challenge Today completely FREE  here  and read the easy rules below on how to win one year free access to Lauren's Playground.  Do you plan on doing more than the Squat Challenge? If you want a workout plan... hundreds of people in Lauren's Playground will be doing programs like Upper Body Bliss and the Tushy Toning Transformation in conjunction with the 21 Day Sq